A robust set of backup procedures that protect all the valuable data within your environment from both external and internal threats. Data is stored both onsite and offsite for maximum security and the ability to rapidly recover when a system fails.
SwifTechs employs a three phase strategy to ensure your data is securely stored.
Swift Image™ – A comprehensive hardware and software solution providing multiple levels of backup for fault redundant security of critical data enabling fast recovery of data or mission critical server functionality.
Swift Image™ is comprised of three components and based on industry leading data backup, encryption and archival tools.
- Daily local backups – For daily backups we use 5 external drives, one for each day of the week. These backups are taken offsite by an employee and rotated daily.
- Monthly full backup and server image – This device is rotated on a monthly basis and stored offsite in a fireproof safe. Each month our engineer rotates the drives and verifies that the image is complete and ready for installation if needed.
- Offsite 3rd party storage – The third component of the Swift Image™solution is an additional level of data security, “cloud” storage. This is a daily data backup and only deals with files that have been changed or added.
SwifTechs is a certified partner with the largest data recovery company in the world. In most cases data can be recovered with their sophisticated tools saving precious, irreplaceable data on your systems.
If you cannot restart your computer or have a blue screen, DO NOT continue to try and boot – this can cause serious damage and data recovery [possibilities may be reduced.
Some statistics that highlight the critical importance of a solid data backup strategy
- 93% of companies that lost their data for 10 days or more filed for bankruptcy within one year of the disaster, and 50% filed for bankruptcy immediately. (Source: National Archives & Records Administration in Washington.)
- 20% of small to medium businesses will suffer a major disaster causing loss of critical data every 5 years. (Source: Richmond House Group)
- This year, 40% of small to medium businesses that manage their own network and use the Internet for more than e-mail will have their network accessed by a hacker, and more than 50% won’t even know they were attacked. (Source: Gartner Group)
- About 70% of business people have experienced (or will experience) data loss due to accidental deletion, disk or system failure, viruses, fire or some other disaster (Source: Carbonite, an online backup service)
- The first reaction of employees who lose their data is to try to recover the lost data themselves by using recovery software or either restarting or unplugging their computer — steps that can make later data recovery impossible. (Source: Ontrack Data Recovery)
Disasters can result from events such as hacker attacks, computer viruses, electric power failures, underground cable cuts or failures, fire, flood, earthquake, and other natural disasters at a facility, mistakes in system administration
With a solid and well defined set of procedures, hardware and software solutions, we ensure that your business can and will continue to operate regardless of interruptions to service or communications with your clients.
SwifTechs develops a complete plan and assists in deploying throughout the organization
The plan includes:
- Documenting key personnel and backups
- Creating a list of external contacts
- Knowing the configuration of every piece of mission critical equipment
- Having immediate access to critical files like accounting and customer records
- Defining a “quick start” hardware and software list
- Identifying a physical location to resume operations
- Communicating the plan to all critical staff
- Doing a dry run to make sure there are no holes in the process
- Understanding that the plan will need to be adapted as the business changes over time