Proactive monitoring of all external access points for your network. Hardware and software solutions that identify possible threats while actively repelling and reporting on attempted intrusions.
For small to medium-sized businesses, a security strategy may consist of a firewall and antivirus software. While that may have been adequate several years ago, a good security strategy should be multi-layered. If your company is connected to the Internet, that alone makes you a target for hackers, network attacks, and malware downloads from insecure browsing and viruses sent via email.
- Blocking network-based attacks – Firewall, antivirus gateways, secure email, spam protection, and secure web filtering, intrusion detection and prevention
- Blocking host based attacks – Personal antivirus, personal firewalls, spyware removal, host intrusion prevention
- Eliminating security vulnerabilities – Patch configuration management and compliance, vulnerability management and penetration testing
- Safely supporting authorized users – Strong passwords, VPNs, secure remote access, file encryption, ID access and management
- Tools to minimize business losses and maximize effectiveness – Backup, log management, regulatory compliance tools
Each layer builds upon the previous one and if a layer is “skipped” then your company is vulnerable and at risk. Ideally your company implements each of these layers for a secure network and computing environment, however, it may be cost prohibitive.